A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT OUR WEBSITE TYPICALLY COLLECTS TWO (2) KINDS OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU: (A) INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE THAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIES YOU; AND (B) INFORMATION THAT DOES NOT.
1. Types of Information We Collect:
We consider such Personally Identifiable Information sensitive in nature. You, a parent or legal guardian, and/or a teacher or other school administrator, will need to submit Personal Information to access the Website and use Service. The submission of information on our Website, or the creation of an account, constitutes consent to these Privacy Policies and our Terms and Conditions of Use of Service, and to our collection of such information. We collect Personally Identifiable Information when users: create an account for our Services or otherwise use the Website; subscribe to our newsletter or other email correspondence; participate in feedback forms and questionnaires; or, receive customer or technical support.
Personal Information is collected only for lawful internal purposes to support the functioning of our Services.
2. Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of “Personally Identifiable Information” includes any information that can be used to identify and contact an individual such as name, email address, screen name, mailing address, phone number, card information, and purchase history that may be used to specifically identify or contact you. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect or store your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website alone, aside from the information used to create, verify, and protect your account. In order to use our Services, we may request, allow, or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion, purchase, or some other aspect of our Services. Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Services.
3. Non-Personal Information: Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. Our Website, , our third-party service providers, or both may obtain nonpersonal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. Our Website, our third-party service providers, or both may also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website.
B. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
1. Personally Identifiable Information:
We may combine Personally Identifiable Information (provided to us by you, the parent, teacher, school administrator, or legal guardian) with non-personal information that we have collected (including from your use of the Website) in a manner such that the endproduct does not personally identify you or your child. We may also make your Personally Identifiable Information non-personally identifiable by either combining it with information about other users (e.g., aggregating your Personal Information with information about other users), or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable. This process is known as depersonalizing your information. We refer to this de-personalized information as “Aggregated Data”.
You acknowledge and agree that we can use Aggregated Data to create and develop analytical and statistical data about our Services, to operate and enhance the Service, and to promote and market our other services.
2. Non-Personal Information: In addition to any personally identifiable information or other information that you choose to provide to us on the Website, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies, now and hereafter devised, that automatically collect certain website usage information whenever you visit or interact with our Services. This information may include browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, the source of the request, the preceding page view, and other similar information. We may use this usage information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve our Services. In addition, we may also collect your IP address or some other unique identifier for the particular device you use to access the Internet, as applicable (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Computer, and we may identify you or your device by its Device Identifier. When analyzed, usage information helps us determine how our Services are used, such as what types of visitors arrive at the Website, what type of content is most popular, what type of content you may find most relevant and what type of visitors are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising. We may associate your Device Identifier or website usage information with the personally identifiable information you provide, but we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information. Website usage information may be collected using various methods, such as the following:
• Web Beacons. “Web Beacons” means the small graphic images or other web programming code called (also known as “1x1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web Beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a Web Beacon. Web Beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Website, to monitor how users navigate the Website, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
• Cookies. “Cookies” means the data file(s) placed on a Computer when it is used to visit the Website. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences and web pages visited while using the Website. You may be able to remove, reject and/or disable some types of cookies using your browser’s preferences or other programs. Some features of the Website may not function properly or may operate slowly if you disable, delete, or refuse to accept Cookies. Some of the Cookies we use may be “Flash” Cookies. A Flash Cookie is a data file placed on a Computer via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be builtin to or downloaded by you to your Computer. While they are harmless, depending on your browser, these Cookies may not be deleted when your Cookies are deleted or disabled and, in some instances, they may cause your cookies to reappear in your browser. Please check your browser to determine where these types of Cookies are stored and how they may be deleted or disabled.
• Mobile Device Identifiers. “Mobile Device Identifiers” means certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we or our third-party service providers may receive such device information if you access our Services through mobile devices.
• Embedded Scripts. “Embedded Script” means the programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with our Sites and Apps such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Computer or Mobile Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
• Information collected through passive means may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. In the latter case, it will be treated as personally identifiable information.
• We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze Website traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities and to improve our Services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third-parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you. We may provide our analysis and certain non-personal information to third-parties
(who may in turn use this information to provide advertisements tailored to your interests), but this will not involve disclosing any of your personally identifiable information.
3. Information You Provide About a Third-Party If you send someone else a communication from our Website, such as sending content to a friend, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality through our Services, your e-mail address may be included in the communications sent.
5. Third-Party Service Providers
We will utilize other Third-Party service providers (“Other Service Provider(s)”). By using the Website and our Services, you hereby consent and authorize us to delegate the authorizations and share the information you provide to us with Other Service Provider(s) to the extent required to provide the services to you. Other Service Provider(s) will be utilized at our discretion. Our services currently use the following Other Service Providers: Godaddy.com; Stripe Payment Processing, and PayPal.com, with terms of service located at: https://www.godaddy.com/legal-agreements.aspx; https://stripe.com/us/legal; https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full.
Our websites, products, Services may contain links to other third-party websites, products, and services. We may also use or offer products or services from third-parties − for example, a third‑party smart phone app or operating system. Information collected by thirdparties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third-parties.
C. OTHER USES
1. E-mail Communications: If you send us an e-mail with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personally identifiable information, such as passwords, social security numbers or bank account information, to us by e-mail. Further, we may send you e-mail under the following circumstances: (a) if you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves e-mail communications; (b) if it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., service updates, customer support, etc.); (c) if we are sending you information about our other services; (d) if you consented to being contacted by e-mail for a particular purpose; (e) if you send us an e-mail, post information on the Website or otherwise submit information to us electronically, we may e-mail you to follow-up or otherwise communicate with you with respect thereto; (f) to provide you legal notices or notices with respect to your use of our Services or (g) to otherwise facilitate a transaction between us. In certain instances, we may provide you with tools on the Website that will allow you to set your preferences for receiving e-mail communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. You may “opt out” of receiving future commercial e-mail communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link or following the other instructions included at the bottom of most e-mails we send, provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional e-mails such as customer service communications.
2. Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity, though we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your preferences are followed. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third-parties.
3. Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to notices and counter-notices pursuant to our DMCA notice and takedown policy and procedures and/or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Service’s users or the general public.
D. CHILDREN AND PARENTS RIGHTS
1. Use by Children. Our Services are not directed at children under the age of 13, and are for adults only.
2. Information for Parents. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe they have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, and wish to learn the nature of this information or request its deletion, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof. An additional description of the specific types of information collected from a child under the age of thirteen (13) will be provided to the parent or guardian of that child upon the parent or guardian’s request. Upon a parent’s request, we will also prohibit a child from continuing to use our app or services.
E. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your “Personally Identifiable Information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
F. OTHER SITES/LINKS
Our Services may link to or contain links to other Third-Party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third-party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website, and to read the privacy statements of all third-party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
G. THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS Third-Party applications may be available via the Website.
THE OWNERS OF THESE APPLICATIONS (“THIRD-PARTY OWNERS”) MAY COLLECT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FROM YOU AND MAY HAVE THEIR OWN POLICIES AND PRACTICES. We are not responsible for how Third-Party Owners or their applications use your personally identifiable information. These Third-Party Owners may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies and ask you to agree to the same. We are not responsible for these policies or the practices of Third-Party Owners. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting any personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it.
I. CONSENT TO TRANSFER INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES The Website is operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United State. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using this Website or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer and processing of your information in the United States.
J. SOLE STATEMENT